Is it stupid that I'm THIS upset...

One of the vets I work with put her cat to sleep today and I am soooo sad. I loved her so much! I've known her for almost 11 years. I am so sad and it wasn't even my cat! This is nuts. I cried!

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 2:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Pets

• No it is not stupid. The cat was like a friend to you.

Answer by louise2 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• ahhh. no your not. i love animals too. once i see one im hooked!
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Awww sorry to hear that Hope you feel better soon your not nuts just caring
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 2:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Why is it nuts? You knew this cat, interacted with her for 11 yrs, she wormed her way into your heart just as much as she did to her owner. I remember when I worked at a vet clinic anytime I had to help the vets with putting a pet down, it seemed to bother me and bring me to tears as much as it did the owners, as well as the vets. Go ahead and grieve her, then remember the memories you have of her.
    jojuzach

Answer by jojuzach at 2:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Thats not crazy.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 2:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I don't think it's stupid for you to be upset. Obviously you loved the cat, as well.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• not at all
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 2:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I think it would be sad anytime an animal had to be put down. As long as you're not losing your head over it, a little crying never hurt anyone.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 2:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I don't think it's stupid. Our vet cried when we had to put our dogs to sleep last summer - one in May and one in September. She tried to hold it back, but couldn't.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 2:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Of course it's not stupid. I had to put down my cat Samantha 2 years ago, and I cried for days. I still miss her. To some of us, animals are more than just things--they are little individuals and they become a part of our lives, like little furkids. That's how my cats are to me. They're a big part of our family, and we all felt the loss when Samantha died.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2010