I'm curious

Why do people feel the need to post so much personal, intimate information about themselves online?

countrygirl1987

Asked by countrygirl1987 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It shows a complete self-absorbed, need to explain, personality. I guess it is better than saying "I have a friend....."
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Lack of better outlets? I always wonder the same thing. Even friends of mine, I read things they post on-line and just think that they aren't things I even need to know as their friend! Things only their husband and maybe mothers should know.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 2:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Sometimes I think they do it to get unbiased advice. I don't want everyone I know to know about every fight DH and I have. Some people I know would take sides and hate my DH. I don't want that.
    Shaylyn318

Answer by Shaylyn318 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I leave all the personal stuff off of here or anywhere else I like my privacy
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 2:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I think its just because people dont actually know eachother on here, they can say whats really on their minds, when they cant say it to anyone in their "real" world. ? I dunno!
    Sherrae

Answer by Sherrae at 2:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• LOL...well where's all the anon's now huh? so im guessing because they really want to know about anal and such.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It is an interesting question. I remember when livejournal started and i couldn't understand wtf people were thinking posting such personal info. I think for some people it is a way to express themselves while avoiding the responsibility and emotional 'messiness' of direct communication. Sort of like connecting with people in a comfortably disconnected kind of way.
    angelenia

Answer by angelenia at 3:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2010