Soft marker for Down's Syndrom

I just had my 20wk ultrasound last week & the nurse just called me to tell me that the baby's nasal passage is measuring short. She said that this can be a soft marker for Down's Syndrom. What's going to happen next? She said that they'd send me to a perinatologist but what kinds of tests will they do from this point on?

ammil87

Asked by ammil87 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• possibly an amnio
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 2:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Would either recommend a level 2 ultrasound to further see your baby or recommend a CVS test or an amino.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• They told me that my tests came back abnormal and my baby may have ds and then they scheduled me for a level 2 ultrasound but the reason I answered amnio is b/c your baby showed the markers on an ultrasound... When they done my level 2 he didnt show any of the markers... after the level 2 ultrasound is the amnio
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 3:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i have used all my bumps for today so i cant bump this for you.i am praying for you! i have no idea what kind of tests they do these days.i have a brother who is 38 with downs.
    Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 3:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Thank you for the responses ladies. I'm still unsure of what's going to happen. No matter what we'll welcome this baby girl with open arms. I'm just the kind of person that likes to be prepared for everything & know all of the information right away. I don't have much patience :)
    ammil87

Comment by ammil87 (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2010