What is the best breed of family cat?

Friendliest, cuddliest, sweet-tempered? I've owned cats all my life, and I've had good, social family cats, but I'm wondering what you feel some of the best breeds are out there?

lawliet

Asked by lawliet at 2:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Pets

• If I was going ot a breeder I would get a Main Coon, Huge sweet guys.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I had an American Short hair that was the greatest cat ever. He slept on my head. He put up with my daughter force feeding him and dressing him up. He was so loving and came when you called him. He purred so loud and would sit on your feet.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• In terms of what?

The worst was a Persian. I named him Bobby Brown. He was a DOLL, though. He was a flame point...never used his litter box, did not care to clean himself. Just ate and shit.

My fav was my Russian Blue, Charlie. He loved to play. And was sooo sweet.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Well, Ragdolls are supposed to be a very sweet, mild-tempered breed, but really, in my opinion, it just depends on the individual cat. I've got a bunch of "mutt" cats and they're all different temperaments. They're all rescues too, which I'm a big advocate of, as opposed to buying a purebred.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• ARen't most domestic cats just a mix of everything? Of course their markings are different. Are going to a cat breeder?
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2010