how bad is this- crystal light with water?

so i cant really drink water- i mean, i can, but without flavor, i'd be lucky to get a 2 ounce cup of water a day!

i take one packet of crystal light and put it in a 33 ounce water bottle. I drink about 3-5 water bottles a day (99-165 ounces), but its with crystal light. i figured it'd be "okay" b/c the packet is meant for an 8 oz bottle... but now, i'm not sure.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i heard crystal light had a harmful chemical in it thats not good for you
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 2:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I like it.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I love those little pack things. I always water it down a bit too, doing it with the recommended amount of water just tastes too strong.
    Why wouldn't it be good?
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It's fine. You could drink anything but alcohol and it would give you the water you need. Even caffeinated beverages are OK, as long as it's not more caffeine than your body is used to having.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I love Crystal Light. Do you mean, Does it count as drinking water if Crystal Light is mixed in? The answer is yes. I used to go to Weight Watchers. According to them. All water counts, no matter what it's mixed with (except soda). They didn't even like diet soda.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Crystal light is good while you are dieting, that's what I drink I do not like water alone, it's only 5 calories, I don't even count it towards my calorie intake and I am drinking more whater than I ever have.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I like it.
    abcxyz

Answer by abcxyz at 3:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It has aspartame, which in small amounts is OK, but in large amounts, its not that great for you. Some studies are showing that artificial sweeteners raise blood glucose too. Its mostly chemicals and do you really want to put all that in your body? You can teach yourself to like water by slowly switching out your other drinks for water. The more you drink it, the more you'll like it. I LOVE ice water. I don't mind room temp water, but I will drink several glasses of ice water a day. Maybe drink it when its ice cold?
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 3:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I love to drink water as is, but the Crystal Light is good for me when I'm craving something sweet.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I use my stores own brand because I like it better than Crystal Light but I can't drink water without it either. I figure water with drink crystals is better than no water at all so I'm drinking it.
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:39 AM on Jun. 25, 2010