Is it just because I'm the ex??????

OK, so I found an old bf on fb and sent him a friend request (that he neve responded to), so I waited a little while and sent another (which again, he didn't respond to), so I let it go and didn't send anymore. But a gf of mine who just happens to be the sister of an old best friend of the bf I friend requested, also sent him a friend request to which he accepted. Which is ok, no problem. But what I don't get is why is his current gf saying petty and ignorant stuff about me when I've never said a mean thing to or about her? She turned a simple friend request into something ugly?????? What gives?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes it is because your an EX.

Answer by louise2 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Some girls have a lot of insecurities. I have a good friend that does with every boyfriend, she may not even know the ex and goes about saying ignorant things about her. Low Self-Esteem and insecurity.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• because you are an ex hon....move on and be happy :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yes. And she is immature. Let it roll off of your back. This happened to me on facebook. A girlfriend of my son's dad. Take it as a cheap shot and realize that she is making herself look stupid, immature and silly.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 3:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Um, he's moved on... you haven't. He doesn't want to be friends with you on Facebook, it's not a big deal.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yup, definitely because your an ex. Let it go. Or do you still have feelings for him? IF you do than maybe his girlfriend is picking up on that.
    2princesnaKing

Answer by 2princesnaKing at 4:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I'm gonna guess so and it makes sense. Not all ex's can be friends and if friending to you causes problems in his current relationship then good for him for putting his girlfriend before an ex:) My ex's are ex's for a reason and unless I have a child with them then there is no reason to communicate or "friend" them. Past is the past.......
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i believe more people should look toward the future and not the past. youre his ex, why would you even want to be friends with him? like lovinangels said its not a big deal so dont turn it into one
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 6:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My dh and I have been married 18 years, and he had a significant ex add him on fb. It's not that big of a deal if you're secure in your relationship. Perhaps she knows things and your invite brought it up. Or the fact you asked twice made her feel like you were pursuing him instead of friending him. I'd let it go, this is not worth the drama!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2010