ANyone out there Lost Alot of weight...

and kept it off for 3 or more years? I had lost a hundred pounds, and sadly have put most of it back on. I feel like shit, I am angry with myself fir allowing this to happen, and I am so fat I am uncomfortable, physically and mentally. Quitting smoking last year is what put it over hte edge too, before that I had only put 40 back on and was maintaining...
Anyhow, any former fatties keep it off for good, and what did you do? I know how I lost it the last time, but it's the keeping it off.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• 12 years ago, i lost 55lbs by cutting all sugar, processed foods, fried foods..walking 4-6miles daily, and working out with weights 3x/wk. it took about 9 1/2 months. i kept most of it off until i had my ds 5 yrs ago, and i've retained 25. BUT..i'm not walking/working out, and rarely watch what i eat. except for the processed/fried foods.
    it seems diet AND exercise IS the answer..i'm just not asking the question anymore. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I agree with dullscissors, eating right and exercise really is the answer. I've heard that over and over again, it truly is the only way. And more importantly diets don't work, you need to change your eating for good. It is hard but not impossible. Good luck!

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I actually became an exercise instructor 14 years ago and it helped me loose 60 pounds and kept it off. I started teaching two days a week now I teach five days a week. I stopped keeping some more fattening foods (sodas, chips, etc) in the house at all. I paid attention to what I ate and why and addressed some issues there. I found I would just grab a cracker or cereal from the cabnet when I was bored or just out of habit - I wasn't really hungry. So I rearranged my kitchen so that those things were not so easy to get to anymore, so it was less likily I would grab them without thinking. I started eating six smaller meals a day instead of three and I started planning the meals more. Basically, I rearranged my lifestyle to make it easier to eat healthy and exercise.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 12:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2010