Bladder infection while pregnant?

Are there any "natural" remedies to help get rid of it, or prevent one from reoccurring? I am on antibiotics, but wondering if there's anything I can do to help it along.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have repeat urinary tract infections while pregnant. The best suggestions I can give you is always urinate after sexual intercourse, shower once a day.. but don't use scented soaps down there, drink lots of water, and wear loose comfy clothing. Good luck. The best antibiotic in my opinion is Macrobid. It normally gets rid of the infection very quickly.. and I have never had any side effects.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• The antibiotic should take care of it unless it is an unusual infection. Not having sex will help since having sex can cause infections.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• The problem with natural remedies is that they can take longer to help and flush out the infection. Doing so, it can cause preterm labor or even a miscarriage early on. The antibiotics help to start removing the bacteria quickly. You can however try to avoid getting them by eating yogurt daily that has active cultures in it.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 3:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• cranberry juice or pills
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 3:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You will have to ask your doctor, plain and simple. There are some otc pills that can help wtih the pain of a UTI, but you need to ask your OB if it's safe to take
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I've never heard of any but call your doctor to ask for sure.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Oh also, a little neosporin on your urethra helps with the burning.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I agree with the above. You can also talk too your doctor.
    abcxyz

Answer by abcxyz at 3:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Not really, be sure to keep an eye on it though! My mom almost lost my sister to one! And I almost lost my first to one as well!
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Take cranberry tablets. Most cranberry juices are just a cocktail of other fruit juices. The cranberry tablets have a high concentration of the natural antioxidents that keep bad bacteria from thriving in the urinary tract.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2010