Has anyone ever had gestational diabetes with their first and or second child and was able to AVOID it during other pregnancies?

If so how? I had it with my other two, and with this one I am starting off avoiding ALL sugar products and limiting carbs and such.

Will it help avoid it, or am I bound to end up with it?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 3:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had it with all 3 of my pregnancies even though I tried from the start of the 3rd one to not get it. It wasn't the end of the world, all 3 of my babies are healthy. Good luck!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 3:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My sister had it with her first and not with her 2nd. I've had it with my last 4 pregnancies. This last one I started on the diet as soon as I found out I was pregnant, but I still tested positive for GD. Exercise helps the most with controlling blood sugars, but evidently for me not enough!

Answer by missanc at 3:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My best friend had it with her first pregnancy. She didn't have it with her second at all. In between the 2 pregnancies she made a huge lifestyle change and began eating healthy and exercising.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I don't know, but wanted to bump so I can find out! I didn't have it with my first two, but I am 13wks and they are testing me today, and will several more times. Not sure the reason, but they are scared I will get them.
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2010