Serious question......Do You have AT&T for internet?

We use AT&T as our internet provider. We have issues with the light on the wireless router turning red on us, quite often. We've had the tech come to our house 3 times and he's updated some wires, changed some cords and even went to the HUB and changed the card. It doesn't happen a lot when only one of us is online. The problems come when I am on my computer and he is on his laptop(which is wireless). Then, we start to see the red light way too much. We are both set up in the living room. It's getting very annoying!! Anyone have any ideas???

jucyfrut

Asked by jucyfrut at 3:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We have at&t internet and had this issue when both our computers were wireless. I put on computer wired and the other is still wireless and we don't have that problem anymore. We still get a slow down though. I don't know why, but AT&T internet for the most part sucks. I just don't want to switch email addresses again.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 3:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We have Time Warner for out internet...I hope they get it fixed for ya.
    KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 3:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• we have ATT and are having the same EXACT issue.s if anyone has any answers to this i am way interested
    Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yup, had a guy comeout today to look at it. He said that i need to lower my DSL speed, and it wont do it anymore. Calling in a few to do that!
    3jewlz

Answer by 3jewlz at 3:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• we have at&t. we've had that issue before. the guy on the phone tried a few things and sent a guy over...we havent had this issue since. i'm not sure why it keeps doing it sorry! good luck!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You are the first ones that I have seen that have the same problems. His laptop is wireless, but mine isn't.
    Have either of you had a tech at your house? I don't understand why this is happening. I hope some one knows something!!!
    jucyfrut

Comment by jucyfrut (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I have had a few techs out to the house. The other idea is to move the location of your router if you can.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 3:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

My SO has talked to a few techs online and I think(not completely sure) he's tried that as well. But, I will ask him when he gets home. Thanks!!
    jucyfrut

Comment by jucyfrut (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2010