what is this movement, if im not pregnant?

im 21 years old have 2 kids and i have an IUD and im a regular with my period.

well its been already 2 weeks that i have been experiencing weird fluttering feeling in the middle of my uterus. its not gas/air. so what could this be. when i have the movement sometimes its soft and i can ignore it and others its really hard n gets my attention. i can have these movements up to 3 times in 15 minutes or 2 the whole day. should i be concerned? i really appreciate your help thanks.

lasisterd

Asked by lasisterd at 3:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• gas
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 3:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• How do you know it's not gas? If you're not pregnant...then I would think that it would most lkely be gas.
    KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 3:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i think it's gas
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• GO GET A TEST. If its not pregnancy then its gas.
    3jewlz

Answer by 3jewlz at 3:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• If they are not regular and painful and no other issues i wouldnt be too worried. after i had my first baby in 2004 i sometimes felt little "flutterbies" in my uterus. i talked to others who experienced the same. your uterus can "play tricks" sometimes. If any pain or odd occurences start happening i would ask the doc though.
    carolina_mama08

Answer by carolina_mama08 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Go buy a test and if you are worried go to the doctor.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• no.... it's just gas. i get it all the time and call it my ghost baby lol but it's only gas
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I had similar fluttering when I got a very bad bladder infection a few years ago. Do you have pain urinating? If it continues, I would see your OBGYN.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Well, are your bowel movements regular? If not, it could be that mixed with a little gas as well. I have the same experience sometimes, very strange. Sometimes it feels like a little foot up in my rib cage just like when I was pregnant but its just gas, and sometimes my bowels are irregular and it can often feel that way as well.
    CRJL07

Answer by CRJL07 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Phantom kicks can be caused by muscle twitches, gas, issues with your nervous system. I have the same thing- and it started after my tubal. It was finally determined to have been caused by severed nerves that were healing- caused by the operation.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2010