do you and your husband share finaces and bills?

i have to get a vaccine before i start college next month and we have no insurance so we have to pay full price for my shot and now husband says well he will pay for it but i have to give me money out of my student loan check....im soo mad at him right now. we been married 8 years and he acts like we are room mates, its always his or mine never ours

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• it's always our money. which i'm glad of, since i'm a housewife. but most of it is spent on the bills very little is spent on wants or anything like that. we don't have insurance and we usualy pay everything up front or see if we can make payments. sometime they require it to be paid before the actually visit if possible. but some will actually still trust people to make payments on a payment plan.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 3:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Its always ours. When we got married, we became one, a partnership. Its not "his" money or "my" money, its ours.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Both of our paychecks go into the same bank account. What's mine is his! We don't have separate, personal accounts and I prefer it that way.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 3:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Whats his is mine, whats mine is mine ;-) Not really, but we share everything. Sorry your having troubles.
    3jewlz

Answer by 3jewlz at 3:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• For us, its ours. Sorry he is like this. Isn't there insurance you can get through the college?
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 3:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• my husband does all the finaces. but before i became a stay at home mother we shared everything.
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Hubby is the only one that works but it's still OUR money. His pays are direct deposited into OUR checking account. I take care of ALL the bills, etc. We sit down about once a month and go over what is coming in and what's going out. This way he knows whats going on. But he NEVER pays a bill, unless I have him drop off the payment :)
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 3:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• What's his is mine, and what's mine is mine, LOL jk, we have been sharing accounts and combining our money since we made the decision to live together, in 11 years it has not changed or been a question about whose money is whose, i would be upset.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• He earns it and I pay bills and whatever needs to be paid. He doesnt care about MOney lol.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 4:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It seems like I am the oddball. I was married before. It was our money. I worked part time and my ex worked full time and both of our checks went into one account. He would question every thing I bought, Where was our money going? --not thinking HE was the one spending it on going out to lunch, buying the kids toys whenever they asked, etc. If I bought something for me, it was me spending his hard earned money. I would point out I worked and he'd just snort and make a rude commment (forgetting me going PT for the kids sake was HIS IDEA) He was a real jerk. I left. My current husband and I have a joint account for household items and we each have our own accounts. I needed it this way at first because of my baggage from my past, I needed to control my money since it wasn't easily accesible to me before. We were going to consolidate our accounts, but we've never gotten around to it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2010