Quotes about reading?

Anyone have a good quote about reading? My computer is messing up and everytime I search something health.com pops up?!?!!? I'm starting a book club with friends where I live and want a quote to put on our facebook fan page. Thanks.

marine_wife0520

Asked by marine_wife0520 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Entertainment

• Here's a link to a site with a bunch of quotes about books and reading. Hope it works for you. If not reply and I'll copy and paste some if you want.

http://www.quotegarden.com/books.html

canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 3:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it. ~James Bryce

A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

A good book has no ending. ~R.D. Cumming

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb

I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. ~Charles de Secondat, Baron de la Brède et de Montesquieu, Pensées Diverses (i just liked this guy's name..)

i love to google!!

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I love quoteworld for quotes. They have 250 quotes about reading.

http://www.quoteworld.org/categories/reading/
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 3:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Thanks guys! Your links worked and I chose... “The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.” ~Dr. Seuss I don't know what the heck my computer was doing earlier! lol
    marine_wife0520

Comment by marine_wife0520 (original poster) at 5:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2010