Potty training...

At what age was your child potty trained? Is your child a boy or girl?

KaroGreenly

Asked by KaroGreenly at 3:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a 3 year old son, whom was potty trained right before his 2nd bday. But that is not say every other boy is the same. All boys and girls and different. You can be a stay at home mother spend all the time in the world with them, but if they arent ready no matter what you do or say .. they are going to do it when THEY are ready, I just got lucky.
    CRJL07

Answer by CRJL07 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i potty trained 3 kids so far.... the first was my nephew and my sister didn't turn the potty training over to me until he was 3 1/2 lol. my first son i potty trained at 2 1/2 and the second son ipotty trained before 2 1/2.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Take that back.. it was right after his 2nd bday
    CRJL07

Answer by CRJL07 at 3:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My son was 2 yr and 7 months. My baby will be turning 1 this weekend so not there yet with him.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 3:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My daughter was trained completely at 2 1/2...my son...yeah...he's 2 1/2 and couldn't carelss.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• well, my 5 year old girl was trained at 2 years old, she absolutely couldn't stand to be "yucky" and pretty much told me it was time. My son is three and a half however, and i have been trying to potty train him for months! he's stubborn and doesnt mind being yucky at all, infact, he cries for his diaper. i just work with him and offer treats when he goes number one and two and make sure there's lots of spare outfits. i diaper him when we go anywhere in public and at night, but i still ask him if he needs to go potty. i guess everyone is different as they say.
    carolina_mama08

Answer by carolina_mama08 at 3:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My son finally is fully potty trained. He is 3. He just wasn't showing any interest. Finally, we threw away the pullups and only put him in underwear and viola! He would go to the bathroom by himself. I am so happy!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 3:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My first son was potty trained by the time he was 2 btw.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 3:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My 1st child was 100% trained 3 months before she turned 3. She struggled with pooping in the potty but had the pee thing down by 2 1/2. My 2nd was potty trained by 2 1/2. She actually had been sitting on the potty and peeing on command since she was 18 months but just wasn't fully ready to commit until 2 1/2. My 3rd was just over 2 1/2. And my 4th is only 14 months so we have a while.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 3:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My son was potty trained 2 weeks before his 4th birthday. He went from not using the potty at all, to using the potty for pee and poop and night trained too in a period of 3 days. My daughter just turned 3 and she has been potty trained during the day and during nap time for about 11 months now. She is not night trained and I'm not really concerned. She'll get it soon.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 3:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010