Pain.. Help?

This is my first pregnancy and I'm 36 weeks and 1 day pregnant. This morning i began to feel so much pressure at the bottom of my belly. It hurts to walk , every step i take i feel like the baby is just adding more pressure. And when i am laying down, it hurts to move my legs around. My water has not broken yet and my doctor said that if i don't deliver before my due date, I will have induced labor in 3 weeks. But it has nothing to do with his size. Is it normal to feel this?

jgarcia09

Asked by jgarcia09 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• welcome to the end of your pregnancy
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• sometimes it is, mama. i am only 31 weeks and i feel pressure and cramps and "pulling". this is my third baby and every one is different. if you get any worse just go ahead and check to be safe. good luck!
    carolina_mama08

Answer by carolina_mama08 at 3:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• my belly felt like that toward the end with baby #2. i used a support band thing and that really helped take off some of the pressure and took away most of the pain. have you tried that? and you can also try tylenol, but if thepain is too bad tylenol doesn't really help that much
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I kept having pain like that and everywhere I turned I kept hearing it was ligament pain... That answer annoys me but, if you have lifted anything or got up or moved too quickly that maybe what it is...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 3:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• probably just the baby dropping and engaging into the pelvis, this adds plenty of pressure to your lower areas.. and it being your first they can do this weeks before delievery so try to stay comfortable.. good luck with everything!~
    mommyto3rugrats

Answer by mommyto3rugrats at 3:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• The end is always the worst. I felt the same pain, it hurt to walk, I couldn't sit or lay down comfortably. Of course my son was over 8 lbs by the time he was born. After he was born, I still couldn't walk. It hurt to even lift my legs. I'm sorry you're in pain! But I think it's normal for the end.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Sounds like the baby dropped...you could go into labor any time now (or you could stay like this for a few more weeks), Just try to take it easy.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yes its normal to feel pressure towards the end of your pregnancy. I have had 3 babies and it got worse with each one. With my last son by 36 weeks, i could barely walk.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Sounds normal to me. Your baby is beginning to get in position for birth. This normally happens around 35-36 weeks. You will feel pressure and such down there and your belly may seem like it has moved down a lot. There is really nothing you can do other than drink plenty of fluids and try to relax as much as possible. I would say it is still a little early to have your baby.. so try to go another couple of weeks.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• soounds like your baby has dropped and is getting ready for the big day
    Mom2LexiNJordan

Answer by Mom2LexiNJordan at 9:31 AM on Jun. 25, 2010