will stress cause pre-term labour? 34.5 weeks

I have had a very stressfull past couple of weeks.. I have had bh since week 16 but know they are getting out of control... last night was a nightmare they were comin every 9 mins or so... I drank tons of water and they slowed down but i drank tons all day and there is no way i was dehydrated but I still got them! know today i am very sore from having so many and I still am getting a lot but they are 4 or under an hour so they are ok for know, who knows what it will be like later!

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 3:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes, stress can cause pre-term labor
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• In general, stress will not cause labor.

In what way are you sore from bh? Have you been doing yoga, relaxation techniques, the 4 basic exercises all pregnant women should do, or other things to help. If you tense up every time you have a bh, that tension causes fear and pain.

You want to go at least 36 weeks. That is when the baby's lungs may be mature enough to breathe on their own. 38 weeks is even better, the brain has developed much more. You have a long time to go yet. They have childbirth courses on DVD that you can get from the library, DVD rental places, and Netflix.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Stress usually will not cause labor. Braxton Hicks will come and go, and vary in intensity. They do not mean labor is fixing to start. The best thing to do when your Braxton Hicks get out of control is to drink water, take some tylenol, and try to relax as much as possible. You don't have too much longer left in your pregnancy.. Only about 6 weeks.. I know it seems like forever.. But your baby needs all the time in the womb..
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2010