Have you been bashed by other CafeMom members?

It always has amazed me and saddened me that some CafeMom members write really cruel and bashing comments to other moms here. I once had it happen to me and it sent me spiralling into a deep depression. These people didn't know me but sure hurt me.
Has it ever happened to you where you have been bashed for a post or comment made on CafeMom? I'm not talking about people disagreeing with you, but with people flinging accusations and nasty language, name-calling, and other hurtful language.

collier5

Asked by collier5 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yep, I had a lady tell me I was insane and that she hated me. LOL I just brush it off.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• yeah and i think that is one of the reasons why CM was updated. i think alot of women complained.
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 3:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• yes, but i didn't take it personal. afterall..... sticks and stones may break mybones but names will never hurt me (but they sure can annoy me lol)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I was called a racist once. Anyone who knows me personally knows that is the completely not true. I answered a question about the texture of hair and someone said I was racist! But since I knew it wasn't true, I didn't dignify the woman with a response.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 4:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• no some ladies on here can be mean though I guess some people get off on making others miserable :(
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 4:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• YES! alot! i even got private messages from them . if i dont agree with someone i move on.even if i want to say something.and i am a very very opinionated person
    Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Oh, I've been called bitch, horrible mother, been told that if they knew who I was and where I was they'd have cps take my kid away. I've been called crazy, homophobic (because I have no gay friends that I know of). I just laugh it off. Even if they did call cps, who ever answered the phone would just laugh at their stories. I just shrug it off and ignore it. It's easier for people to say shit like that over the computer than to a person's face.
    Don't worry about it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It seems to be that when some people disagree with others--they go into attack mode. I made a comment while I know there are people who do their own thing but that the OP should be aware that what one of the other posters recommended was really, truely a health risk and she should discuss it with her doctor before trying it. I didn't say ANYTHING negative, but just let the OP know that it could be risky. The person who post it was very critical of me even mentioning that. She called me ignorant, stupid and uneducated and that I needed to mind my own business. I was appalled. My first reaction was to comment back, but I just walked away from the question and never looked back.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yes and I know what you mean by getting depressed by them too. It wasn't just because of here though, it was just a bad day and she went off on me and it just added to the fire. I have since realized that what people say doesn't matter especially ones that don't even know you.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yep, a few times. I don't take it personal. Most of the time they were anon and trying to get a rise out of me. I found out who it was and her and one of her little posse had chatter about trying to make me mad. One of them chatted me up (good cop) and when I went to her page I saw the chatter from the one that was attacking me anonymously (bad cop). I found it really pathetic.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2010