What do you do if you have an infant and a doctor's appointment?

I was just thinking about it. Is it rude to take dd with me? Which I will either way, no one to watch her today.

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You do what you gotta do mom.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Take your baby. You are paying for their time, it's not like it's a date. I am sure the Dr.'s office will be very understanding if they even notice at all.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i take the baby with me - and manage just as i do with all of my other chores and activities.
    fourkidssoon

Answer by fourkidssoon at 3:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i took my baby with me
    Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I've taken my babies to the doctor before. No big deal!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 4:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• An infant? No. Just keep her in the car seat while you do your thing with your doc. No biggy. Now if she were a toddler I would arrange to have a babysitter because, as much as I love my dd, it's difficult to pay attention to my doctor when she can't keep still and wants to look at everything.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i also nursed my baby at my appointment lol.and my dr was so so nice about it.i told her i had no sitter and it was bring the baby or not come
    Kiki_pie1979

• I never had a problem, My DH used to have Mondays off so that's when I made my Dr. Appt's. I never had to take my Son with me when he was an infant, it just worked out. But now my DH works all week so I have brought my DS who is 3 with me to a podiatrist appt. But I would feel wierd taking him to the OBGYN by myself at his age and if I need to go my GP, I go at night when my DH is home. But if I had to bring an infant to the OBGYN, I would just bring them in a carrier. I would try not to bring them to a reg. Dr.'s office to prevent them from being exposed to sick people, I would make an appt. at night and go alone.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• If I don't have anyone to watch him then I take him with me. :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I did that. I just took her in the waiting room w/ me and left her in her car seat in the room
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 4:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2010