BP - will you buy gas from them?

my son asked me this questions the other day - what's your answer?

fourkidssoon

Asked by fourkidssoon at 3:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well we have Arco here which is owned by BP and they're usually the cheapest place. I wouldn't go out of my way to go there now but if I needed gas and the only stations around were either BP/Arco or expensive Shell I'd probably chose Arco.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• my sister brought this up the other day, and she was upset with what i said..

even though i would love the big guys at BP suffer i still get my gas at the local BP station. i know the owner and always got good service there, so if i stopped going to that station, i would be hurting the owner and his employees more than the big guys. the owner and most of the employees at that station has a family to support
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Nope, we don't have a BP in our area I don't think. We have Valero, Murphys, Shell, and 7-11 (not sure where their gas comes from)
    youngmom33

Answer by youngmom33 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I usually only purchase gas from Shell. It seems to run better in my car than any other gas.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• No, but I rarely ever did before. They are usually the one of the most expensive.

I know this hurts a lot of local gas station owners, but I can't support a company that created this much damage.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We don't even have a BP gas station around so its really a non issue for us lol.
    oboe_chik

Answer by oboe_chik at 4:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yes; we only use BP.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Def not...i live on the gulf coast which is the gulf of mexico and we have..well had some of the nicest beaches ever and now i cant even step foot on them or go swimming or take my son who loves the beach...we have tar balls and oil all over the place...we are gonna have no jobs avaliable and there is gonna be no money coming in al because of bp so i will never buy gas from them again i am not gonna keep supporting there business and give them money for what they have done...i think they should shut them down!!!
    JoshysMomma19

Answer by JoshysMomma19 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I didn't buy from BP before and I am not going to now. It's not because of what happend though, its because I use another gas staton, where I know the people, get great customer service and good deals on Icee's. I agree with what gothmama91 said.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• if the price is right i might have to.
    Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2010