To circ or not to circ?

That is the question. LOL. Let's see how a controversial topic goes without the anon feature.

Personally, I had my son circ'd for a few reasons. How about you?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 4:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• TO CIRC, without doubt. I have done the research, I have spoke with relatives on both sides of the issue and can't imagine why someone would decide not to. There ARE medical reasons to do it, no matter what many of these mislead moms want you to believe. Men with out the procedure are at a higher risk or HPV and Penile cancer as well as other bacterial and fungal infections. Sure, you can teach them to keep it clean, but you don't know what their future holds or if they will be in a situation where perfect cleanliness isn't possible. Then there is the FACT that their partners are also at a higher risk of infections as well. Sure, there are plenty of women out there who have had uncirced men for years with no issue, but there are just as many who have had issues. EVERY uncircumcised man in my family and EVERY of their wives told me flat out "If you love your kid, circ!" It was that simple!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I had it done for my son. IMO, it looks better and because it's the norm in the Country, I know he won't be made fun of.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My sons aren't. Their Dr. said there was no medical need for it. Their dad is not either so I didn't have the whole "I want him to look like daddy" thing going. I don't judge those who do. My sister's son is circ'd and he is fine. My sons are fine. Somehow we all got on with our lives even though we made different choices!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I had my son done because my dad said to. He didn't and his did it on it's own later. He said it hurt.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I didn't. I personally do not care what other people do as it is not my business. I chose not to because his Daddy was against it, and I didn't want to put my newborn through any procedure that I didn't feel was necessary. Plus, I did my research before hand and didn't feel like it posed any greater risk than the risks involved with circumcision.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My son was circumsized. I let his daddy decide. I don't care whether anybody else does it or not. There are good and bad points to both. So as the parents we decide whats best!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 4:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I had it done on my boys... I just think it is cleaner and better to have it done.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We didn't have our son circ'ed. He's 9 now and we've had zero problems with it. I think the "its easier to keep clean" issue is more for countries where bathing on a regular schedule is not usually done. i say,God put it there for a reason. I wasn't about to put my lil guy through that for no reason.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I hope I dont have a son & this is one reason why.. I dont want to deal with! I believe in leaving the choice to hubby since I dont have a penis, and i know he would want his son circumsized.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We chose to do it.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2010