What baby items could you NOT have survived those early months without?

I'm expecting our 4th baby, but it seems like everytime we have one there is always something newer and "better" on the market.

Our 2nd and 3rd HATED the swing. And bouncy seat. So I don't know if we're even gonna bother getting those this time. But we do have an Ergo baby carrier so I can still get stuff done around the house and what not.

What are some baby items that really helped you through those first few months??

milfalicious08

Asked by milfalicious08 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A sling/wrap. Other than that, my arms and boobs were enough!
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 4:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• An electric breast pump! Pumping by hand SUCKED. Also, his vibrating little chair thing. It's the only place I could put him other than in my arms, lol. Hmmm...what else? Burp cloths. I felt like just sewing them onto all of my clothing. I also loved the zip-up one-pieces. I was constantly changing his diaper and it was so nice to be able to lay him on top the outfit and zip it fro his toes to his neck.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Bouncy chair! my dd loved to sit in there all day as long as the vibration was going!
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i loved the boppy..and play mat with toys above
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 4:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Whiskey ... kidding, our son had such terrible colic for 6 months we could have used a couple extra set of parents.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Lots of onsies and recieving blankets
    youngmom33

Answer by youngmom33 at 4:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I couldn't have survived without the swing. I would put her in it and run the vacuum under it and she would be asleep in minutes. The only way for the first few week she'd fall asleep. Then, I just gently put her in her bed and she was good. So, I guess I'd have to say I couldn't have lived without the vacuum and the swing.
    Other than that, everything else was take or leave, didn't matter.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• wipe warmer ,a rocking chair, baby carrier
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 4:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Sling
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Bumbo seat and my mobywrap. I have three boys and I am so glad that I had both of these because they saved me quite a bit when I was chasing the other two!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 4:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2010