How much weight did you lose from just breastfeeding (not doing any excercise or diet)

And how long were you breastfeeding

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Breastfed son for 15 months, and I am sure I lost something....but it probably just came back in a different spot!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 4:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I heard that you lose a ton of weight but I didn't really notice anything substancial. I lost about 20 lbs from birth to the 1st month postpartum. I breastfeed for about 3 or 3 1/2 months. and didn't really lose anything major after the first month.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 4:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• None! I breastfed both of my boys, back to back, in total I was breastfeeding for 37 months and was heavier after I was done nursing my youngest son than I was when I got pregnant with my oldest...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• my daughter is 4 months old and ive lost 52 pounds! im back in my normal clothes! most of it was water weight!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• None, I am one of the small precentage that hang onto there weight till baby is done breastfeeding. So once I am done then I can start loosing weight. It does not matter what I do. It just stays there when I am breastfeeding. So I hate when everyone says you are going to loss so much weight breastfeeding. Because not everyone does.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i am breastfeeding now for almost 2 months.. i so far have lost 30 lbs since i gave birth. i have about 18 -20 ish lbs more to go till i reach my regular weight pre pregnancy, i have not done any exersize besides everynow n then taking a 45 min walk down the street. though my weight has gone down without exersize i think i need to start because my tummy is no longer tone and i have some exsess baggage that needs to be tightened up. :) which sucks cuz i hate exersizing and whenever i do exersize i usually quit days after..
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I lost all of my baby weight within a few weeks of giving birth each time just from breastfeeding - I could eat anything I wanted and still not gain weight!

Answer by missanc at 4:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I lost all of the initial pregnancy weight very fast...I gained about 20 pounds while preggo and it was all gone by the time she was 3 weeks old. However, I was not happy where I was at before I was preggo. I have another 20 pounds I want to get rid of and it is just NOT coming off. I've pretty much given up any hope that it will until I'm done breastfeeding.
    sarahbell811

Answer by sarahbell811 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I breastfed exclusively till 6 1/2 months and then did BF'ing and FF'ing for another month and a half. I lost 20 lbs during that time. (so all baby weight plus 20 pre pregnancy lbs). the problem is, when i stopped the weight came back.....oh joy
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I lost all 40 pounds that I gained within two months after I had my daughter. I'm still breastfeeding her at 7 months & I still lose about 2 pounds a month. I do take walks & eat pretty healthy, though.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 5:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2010