Any of these symptoms sound familiar?

Hey all~

About two weeks before AF was due I just felt different. First off my breasts were very tender and sore, I didn't even have to touch them. At night they were extremely sensitive weird sensations. Anyway, never have I had this happen before AF, no tenderness or anything. I also was extremely bloated, some cramping and on one day (TMI warning) I had diarrhea, then since then constipation.

My "period" has started about 4 days late and it not a normal one at all. VERy light, and mostly brown blood, normally my periods are heavy and lots of cramps, but not this one. My breasts are not as tender anymore, but seem heavy to me and the areolas a little larger.
Also I have been really tired easily around late afternoon, early evening and just want to curl up and sleep.

Anyone experience similar feelings? Or do you think this is just an odd period?

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• POAS!
    SillyRooster

Answer by SillyRooster at 4:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• If you have a typical 28-day cycle, then ovualation is happening approximately 14 days prior to AF. Since the conceptus hasn't implanted yet or begun to produce hCG, it's unlikely your body would even suspect you were pregnant at that point. The symptoms you are feeling are also common with a persistent CL because you would have elevated progesterone levels just like a pregnancy. If your cycle is irregular, however, it is possible that you are pregnant. Sorry I can't be helpful but you can get a more definitive answer with an hpt. Best wishes!
    Linds2Horse

Answer by Linds2Horse at 4:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• sore breasts is a huge indicator of pregnancy. The brown spotting may not be your period. I had brown spotting a the beginning of my pregnancy and my doc told me it was "old blood" from my last period. Take a test! Take a digital test since it is early. Good luck!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 4:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2010