How do I know if he's lying??

So basically we've recieved a letter telling us our landlords has was being foreclosed However it still belongs to him tell the 3rd week in July when it goes up for auction. Well to start he all of the sudden cleans out his garage in 2 days and it hasn't been cleaned out in 4 yrs. he never told us why nor did he say anything about losing the house. Then last night my husband calls and offers him 140k for the house on a short sale well he refused the offer. Then he calls back and says he has a lawyer helping him get out from under the foreclosure but his boss is giving him 40k to pay what he's behind on ( ya right what boss do you know that hands out 40k) then he goes on to say he's not lying and we don't have to pay July's rent and we can leave anytime and he won't sue us it makes no sense to me why we shouldn't have to pay unless he's lying about the lawyer and the money...would he still have to return the deposit? bs or not

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Wow that is a good question. My best advice to you would be to consult a lawyer and let them know the circumstances and see what they have to say about it! I don't see why he would turn your offer down but hey some people are just jerks! Good luck to you and your family!
    proudmamafeb

Answer by proudmamafeb at 4:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My mom went thru this. Basically in her case,the bank unofficially already owned the house. They were just foreclosing on a particular day. No,you don't have to pay rent to HIM,but I would be calling the creditor to see if you owe THEM for July,or if you're clear to leave without paying up to that day. In some cases,they will pay your moving expenses being that none of this is your fault.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I have no clue. There are some bosses out there that will help an employee. It would save the employer the time and trouble in finding someone else to do the person's job should they have to move.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 4:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• forgot to ad,he probably turned you down because its not his house to sell anymore

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You could try to reach the bank that now owns it (or is going to be taking possession of it) and give them an offer.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2010