I fell, don't want to call an ambulance.

I'm alone and 54, a grandma. I fell about an hour ago. I've been organizing my room and I tripped and my face hit the corner of a large plastic Rubbermaid container and broke the container. I hit my right cheekbone on the container and it is all swollen. My knee when out of joint but back in. I hurt both wrists, my other knee, and my ankles (I don't know how they got hurt.

What I'm worried about is my hip. I fell on it. I got up on my bed and it feels wierd (like it stretched too far), hurts, throbs. My tailbone hurts too. I can't walk because of my kee and no way can I make it to the car and drive, it's my right leg.

I don't want to call an ambulance or go to the ER. My son may not be home for 10 hours.

Gailll

Asked by Gailll at 4:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Health

• Do you have anyone else you can call to take you in? I wouldn't wait 10 hours til your son gets there :S
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 4:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• If you have insurance, most companies have a nurse line you can call. They will tell you ow to treat yourself if possible or recommend a doctor if your symptoms sound like they need it to them. I call mine first before calling the doctor for my 2yo son.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 4:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Go to the hospital or a neighbors or call family soon just to be safe!
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 4:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• OMG please please PLEASE call the ambulance!!! Or if you have a family member or friend close by call them, you NEED to be checked out ASAP! So please go and get there whatever way is the quickest!
    proudmamafeb

Answer by proudmamafeb at 4:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Awww bless your heart! I'm saying a prayer for you now!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• why do you not want to call an ambulance? girl, you need fast attention. you could be bruised, but you could be broken, especially where its hurting most. you probably need xrays. call the ambulance, and worry about the bill later.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You need to be seen. If something is out of whack or broke, it needs fixed right away. You don't want to put it off. And if you broke the container, there's no telling what you did to your face. You should either call a neighbor, an ambulance or someone to take you to the hospital.
    I know er's suck, but you need to go.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• If you don't want to call an Ambulance, Call a neighbor or friend ASAP to take you to the Hospital!! You could get a blood clot or worse. Really, You NEED to go!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Thats not good Gailll ! Call your son and see if he can come home early to take you in. You really should be seen,the longer you wait the worse it can get, especially if something did happen to your hip and youre moving it all around when you shouldnt be. I really hope that your okay!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Please call someone. You could have serious injuries that need attention immediately. Call the local hospital if you have one. They can send paramedics to check you out. You should not wait 10 hours. You could form blood clots waiting for your son to get home.
    motherhubbard9

Answer by motherhubbard9 at 5:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2010