Cheap but yummy meal ideas?? Oh and pretty easy to. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Taco Mac&Cheese

1 pound hamburger or ground turkey

1 pack taco seasoning

2 boxes mac&cheese

1 can diced tomatoes

1 can whole kernel corn

shredded cheese

Brown burger, drain and add taco seasoning.. Make mac&sheese as directed. Mix tomatoes and corn with meat and simmer. Mix extra cheese with mac&cheese then add burger mix.

Chicken Pot Pie

4-5 chicken breast

2 c. frozen mixed veggies

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can cream of celery soup

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 can chicken broth

2 refrigerated pie crusts

Cook chicken. Cut into bite size pieces. Combine soups and veggies and simmer. Add chicken. Add enough of the broth to loosen slightly. In pie pan, place bottom crust. Fill with mixture. Top with 2nd crust. Bake 45 minutes on 350 until brown. ( I do this and instead of puttin
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Tator Tot Casserole

1lb ground beef
    1 bag frozen tator tots
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1 can evaporated milk

brown ground beef. place in 13x9 pan. cover with frozen tator tots. mix soups and milk together in a bowl. pour over top. bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour!
    sarahbell811

Answer by sarahbell811 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Shake n bake. Just buy the chicken, a box of shake n bake and some macaroni.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I have a ton of cassarole recipes that are cheap and easy. You can get recipes online as well
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Stuffed hot dogs.

Boil hots dog
    Make mash potato's
    shred cheese

when hot dogs are done being boiled slice them going the long way but not so that there cut in half. but so they open like a hot dog bun. Place the mash potato's inside the hot dog where it was split then put cheese on top. bake it in the oven at 350 until cheese is melted. REMOVE AND ENJOy..... ( We have with broccoli, Corn or Green beans what ever we have that night.)
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 5:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Homemade Sloppy Joes!

1/2 cup Ketchup
    1/2 cup favorite bbq sauce (I use Kraft Original)
    1/2 packet of Onion soup mix
    1 pound hamburger meat
    1 package hamburger buns

Brown the meat and drain the grease. Add in the ketchup and bbq sauce and soup mix (I sift out the big chunks of dried onions though) and leave on the burner just long enough to make sure it is warm (if left too long, the flavor changes).

It may sound simple and a little boring, but it's a HUGE hit with my family. Very flavorful! I usually serve with mac&cheese as I usually make it on a kids'-pick night.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 5:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• www.allrecipes.com is a great site. You can put in the ingredients you have on hand and it will bring up recipes for you. www.cooks.com is also another favourite of mine.
    marklorna

Answer by marklorna at 6:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2010