Voting down

you do it if you don't like someones answer right? and it takes away points? What happens if people vote someone down not because of the answer but because they don't like her? Like in the evenings there is this one girl that everybody seems to hate,personally I can't stand her either. I can see others just seeing her name and voting her down not actually reading her answer though. Kinda seem like it would defeat the purpose of voting down right?

krystie-tina

Asked by krystie-tina at 4:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Only members that have finished level 10 will be able to Vote Down answers. Each member with the ability to Vote Down will only be given a few Votes Down each day. Members do not receive Credits when they Vote Down an answer but do receive 1 Credit when they Vote Up an answer. Votes Down should be used sparingly, like when someone is being rude (especially if it is an anon post), or says something that is objectively wrong (the capital of Paris is Brazil).

Although you can lose points when an Answer is repeatedly Voted Down, you will not drop back to a lower level due to the Down Votes. You'll just need to earn more points to get to the next level. And, you can get your points back once you receive enough Up Votes.

Get more info and leave your feedback in Phi Beta Mama, The Answers Group, http://www.cafemom.com/group/110866/.
    Cafe Meghan

Answer by Cafe Meghan at 4:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I'm still trying to figure this out but how do you vote someone down? There's your question with a question. lol
    jridgill

Answer by jridgill at 4:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I wondered that too Jridgill!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 4:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• with the scenario you proposed, its as if CM is giving people an anon-way to be snarky, afterall!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You have to earn the right to vote down, like earning the right to answer anon.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Good question jridgill! Do they have to be voted up in already in order to vote them down? Oh goodness now I am all confused. lol
    krystie-tina

Comment by krystie-tina (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I agree, I can see that happening too :(
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• @bethsunshine: Oh I see. That makes sense. Thanks!!!
    krystie-tina

Comment by krystie-tina (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I figured it out. I suppose I "moved up" Thanks
    jridgill

Answer by jridgill at 4:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• CM says that it comes with some stipulations:
    1: must be earned to downvote
    2: you don't get many, and typically it's suppose to be used for answers you don't agree with.

3: a person that doesn't feel it should have been downvoted can upvote it to neutralize the downvote.

Note: this is all theory, how it's going to really play out, we will just have to wait and see. If it because a popularity issue it may be a feature that is removed.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2010