What is the point of using the 'pull out' method?

I saw a post today and it got me thinking, why not use BC instead of using the pull out method?

Surely the woman is getting the guy to 'pull out' before orgasm because she isn't planning on getting pregnant. So why take the chance?

I honestly don't get it. Could someone maybe explain this to me?
(Oh and yes I know some people are allergic to condoms and hormonal BC, but non-hormonal BC exists.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• there are many reasons a woman might not want to use other forms of BC, religious reason, financial reasons, just want to prevent pregnancy but don't think it would be the end of the world if they did get pregnant. ;) we used a combo of fertility awareness, condoms, and pull out, and it worked well for us. my reasons were that i don't like taking hormonal BC, didn't feel comfortable with intra uterine contraceptives, and also didn't have much money, and didn't mind so much if we did accidentally get pregnant
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I have no idea. To completely take ALL the fun out of sex, I guess...
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• haha i dunno, cuz NOT pulling out is such a great feeling..LOL
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• There is no point imo, it does not work.
    Kathy-PSPR

Answer by Kathy-PSPR at 4:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Many people just do not like birth control at all. I can't take it while breastfeeding. But we used the FAM method.
    jridgill

Answer by jridgill at 4:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I can't afford BC and my SO is allergic to Nonoxynol 9. It works for us.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• me and DH use this method. It works well for us. Although, it isn't all we use. I keep track of my cycles. They are like clockwork. I avoid having sex on my "fertile days" each month. This method has always worked for me, and when I want to get pregnant, it happens very quickly. I hate birth control. I have so many problems with it, plus I'm paranoid about it cause my aunt had a stroke when she was 21 because of birth control(she didn't smoke either). I guess whatever works. I wouldn't recommend JUST using the pull out method, though :-)
    sarahbell811

Answer by sarahbell811 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I dunno, but I do know that there is more sperm before the release then there is during!!!
    3jewlz

Answer by 3jewlz at 4:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It does work if you use it right. Some women don't want to put artificial hormones in their bodies because they can cause devastating health problems. Is it really any of your business? If you don't agree with it don't use it.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Um its feels better than a condom and I orgasm several times before dh does so whenever he is ready he just pulls out and we are all good. (If we did get prego it wouldn't be a problem we plan to start trying by the end of the year anyway) And I know the pul out method does not always work :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2010