delivered 4months ago & having hair loss....

I had my baby 4months ago and last week i began to notice that my hair is falling out! Has this happen to anyone else? Will my hair ever grow back and how much will I lose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• completely normal! mine was falling out like crazy when my baby was like 3 months old! now she's 6 months and it's slowed down some...it's just because of hormones...don't worry, you won't go bald :-)
    sarahbell811

Answer by sarahbell811 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• That's normal. It's your hormones sorting themselves out. It does grow back, so it's not like you're going bald or anything; basically it's all the hair that you WOULD have lost while you were pregnant but didn't because of hormones. It's all coming out at once instead. How much depends on the person. I was pulling handfuls out for months and months, and clogging the shower lol.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It is normal to a certain point... If your concerned have your thyroid checked!
    3jewlz

Answer by 3jewlz at 4:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It's completely normal. When you were pregnant you had extra hormones that basically helped you hold onto more hair than you normally do. Normally you loose X amount of hair daily, but when your pregnant women don't seem to lose that much. Once you give birth you start to lose the massive amounts or hormones and you go back to losing your hair like you normally did, plus the amount you were suppose to lose while you were pregnant. After my 4th pregnancy, I lost SOOOOO much hair! No matter what I did, I'd find it everywhere... even in the dinner I made! I don't remember it ever being that bad with my first 3 and it was bad for months! I eventually looked into it because I felt like I was going bald, but I think that after 3 months of losing it constantly, it started slowing down. My DD turned 1 today and I hardly notice any hair loss again! :)
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 5:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My hair falls out like crazy all the time, but even more so after having my son. If you are losing enough that you are getting "bald spots" you should have your thyroid checked. If you are just filling up the brush and having to pick them off the tub and your clothes I'm sure you are just fine. In a matter of months you should see a slow down in loss. Don't worry even with the hair falling out you are still growing new ones.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 5:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• if it's just feeling like your hair is coming out a little more than normal, it probably is normal..
    however if you feel your hair is coming out in clumps, you may have a form of alopecia, in which case you should talk with your doctor.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• this has happened to me with every baby.it is very normal
    Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2010