Is this okay?

My baby boy has had a cold for about a week now and all of a sudden he has diahrrea and I also noticed that at the tip of his penis where the circumcision was done there is a little slit that looked somewhat "oozy." What should I do about both things? I am sure the diahrrea is just because he has been sick.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe it's infected? Best way to find out is to go the doctor :-) Hope he's okay.
    MommaCassE

Answer by MommaCassE at 4:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Well the diarrhea and cold has been going around and he should be fine with that but the circumcision needs to be checked out. I say call the doctor and make an appt. go on ahead and let him know about everything that is going on with him while your there.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I would use a cotton swab and wipe his penis with some alchohol. If the ooze that is coming out is yellow or greenish in color, it may be a sign of infection. As for the cold,they are common with babies, as long as they havent had a fever for more than two days in a row without coming down. Diarhea...buy some pedialyte. If he continues to have diarheah 3 or more times within 24 hours, you should call doctor on that too.
    Hope he gets better soon!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Call the doctor and see if they can see him.
    Jemia

Answer by Jemia at 9:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2010