Catching a chipmonk

I came home from a haircut to find my husband trying to catch a chipmonk with trail mix. Poor thing is under the oven. The babies are both napping, but not sure how to handle it once they wake. I say to leave all the doors open and hopefully he'll find his way out, but that means maybe something else may find it's way in. Any useful ideas?

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 5:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• At my grandpa's camp you can get almost any chipmunk to come to you if you have peanuts, they love em, I was eating supper there and the one chipmunk jumped right in my plate twice lol... but whatever you do try not to catch it in a box, because they can have heart attacks really easily and dont like being confined. GL!
    MummaMel

Answer by MummaMel at 5:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We had nuts out until just now, the 22 month old just got up. And soon the 8 month old will be up. So the nuts are out of the question. Tried to lead him out the kitchen door LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• aside from moving the oven, I think your husband's idea is probably best. Leave a trail of snacks to an open door, and hope he finds his way out.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2010