way to tired for milestones...lol

seriously though im 34 weeks pregnant with my 2nd boy my 1st is 15 months and is on this kick about feeding himself which i would love for him to do but hes so messy which i know is normal but im soo tired i just dont want to deal with the mess but he wont eat unless he does it himself...any good ways to control the mess and make it so i dont have to mop everytime he eats or give him a bath every time?

april262009

Asked by april262009 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There is no way around them learning to do this on theri own. I still have to do a great deal of cleaning after my 2 yo feeds herself.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I went out and bought a vinyl table cloth that went under the high chair and then would strip the kids down to the diaper and then would take the kid high chair and all and would put them under the shower in the tub. Table cloth in the wash.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• For the floor you could put something under his chair to help catch the mess so that its an easy clean up but as far as your lo u may just have to deal with washing afterwards. :( sorry...its hard I bet but hang in there
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You can put a beach towel under his highchair. I prefer that to a vinyl table cloth or shower curtain because you can wash it in the washing machine and get a fresh one each time. Since it's summer I also recommend having him wear only a diaper while eating and then just wipe him down with a wet wash cloth when he's done. I found this much easier than trying to stain treat clothing and bibs for my twins. I also recommend offering less messy foods at meals when possible, especially when you are really tired. He'll eventually get the hang of it, but for a while I'd just keep it simple.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My son has mastered eating with a spoon & fork, hes 22 months but I still have to clean up messes all the time!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I use a bed sheet under the high chair so that I can just throw it into the washer and strip the baby down before each feeding so that all I have to do is wash hands in the sink and then wipe the rest of him down with a wash cloth. I also have a dog that helps out a lot!
    KristeenieB

Answer by KristeenieB at 9:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2010