Why/how did my feet grow?

I've been a size 9 since I've been in Jr. High. I have not gone shoe shopping since before I had my son last year. All the size 9's I tried on were too tight. I either needed a 9 1/2 or a size 10! How on earth did THAT happen. I am 36, does this happen as you get older?

layh41407

Asked by layh41407 at 5:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I went from a 7-1/2 to an perfect 8 and so did my girlfriend after she had her son.. I don't know the reason why, we were surprised by it though
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Pregnancy makes your feet get bigger, usually between 1/2 a size and a whole size. If you've gained weight that can also make your shoe size go up.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 5:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Well, my feet seem to have shrunk I lost 30 pounds last year, and I already have midget feet. I'd been wearing a size 5 or 5 1/2 since my boys were born. When I started losing weight last year I went looking for walking shoes, and every pair I bought....yes I bought them and tried them, caused blistered because they were too loose. Finally, my husband forced me to go get my feet measured, and I measured a size 3 in childrens.....do you know how embarrassing it is to be 48 and have to buy your shoes in the kids department??

So of course, I lost weight in the one place that I didn't really want to......I didn't even think my feet had been fat!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• They probably flattened out,you lost your arch. Mine did this. Went from a 7 and a half to a 8 and a half

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• womens feet grow during pregnancy because all your muscles relax to allow for the hip spreading that happens to get the kid out. feet included. most dont ever go back to normal size from before (feet and hips) my dad specializes in feet (ick!) if you havent had a kid... i guess they could just be flattening and spreading with age.. gravity.. or the shoes are cheap and they are made to be smaller than before.. i would go to another shoe store to double check that before i accepted that my feet grew.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Pregnancy will do that.
    I was a 9 before I started having kids and when I went to get my first new pair after kids I was a 10.
    I will say, I recently got new shoes and 10s were HUGE on me so I tried a 9 1/2 and they were big, too. I ended up having to get a 9. YAY! That was 3 years after my youngest was born (and before I got pregnant again).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I was jsut curious because this didn't happen with my first pregnancy.
    layh41407

Comment by layh41407 (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• And i am the same weight I was before my pregnancy and I had lost a few pounds during the pregnancy. It's just kind of strange to me. I got pretty new shoes though!!
    layh41407

Comment by layh41407 (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2010