milk

by what age did you start switching your childs formula over to milk?

AlexesmommySam

Asked by AlexesmommySam at 5:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You aren't supposed to fully switch until 12 months old. I started giving my DD whole milk to replace one bottle at about 11 months and by 12 months she didn't mind the switch at all. Some people mix formula with milk to ease the transition I just couldn't do that.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I started mixing whole milk and formula around 11 months gradually adding less formula and more milk until he was completely drinking whole milk. It was easier on his stomach so all in all he was drinking whole milk by 12 months.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 5:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• never, she doesn't drink cows milk
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I started mxing at 11 1/2 months, turns out she hated when I mixed and took regular whole milk just fine. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• well that is about what I was going to do! he is going to be 11 months next week and I was wanting to start switching him over. whole milk during the day and in the evenings to go to sleep formula.
    AlexesmommySam

Comment by AlexesmommySam (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• although you don't have to switch ifyou don't want to or don't feel your child is ready. You can continue with formula. (there is formula for advanced ages as well)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• he gets the formula advanced already but I feel that he is ready to be a big boy and get his real milk and starting with real real food.
    AlexesmommySam

Comment by AlexesmommySam (original poster) at 6:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• 12 1/2 months. We would have started a week earlier, but he had a stomach bug.
    barefootbooks

Answer by barefootbooks at 6:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I started introducing milk in his cup at 11 months. He loves it. He will be 1 on sunday and i have enough formula to last till tuesday am. Once the formula is gone its gone. Im not going to buy anymore and im throwing out the bottles as well. Doing it cold turkey. Cause im a mean mommy :) lol!!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 7:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I will start when my son is 11 months old, he is only 9 months now.
    Jemia

Answer by Jemia at 9:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2010