Getting rid of Ants help?

I'm at my wits end, and can't take it anymore. We have ants, and they are all over our patio outside, actually digging through the patio (it's stone), and by and by they get into the house. My dd was just eatting lunch that we brought back from BK and arbys. She finished, threw out what she didn't eat, and happened to drop a FF on the ground. Within a few minutes it was covered with little tiny ants. I need a serious way to get rid of these things or at least keep them off the patio and out of the house!!!

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 5:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Borax has worked WONDERS at our house! We get three different kinds of ants and all of them are gone in about 3 days when we use borax. You can buy borax in the laundry aisle at the grocery store. Mix a little with some honey or sugar water and set the dish out where you see the ants. If you don't want to mix your own or are worried about young kids or animals getting into it, you can buy Terro liquid ant baits.The active ingredient is borax.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 6:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i am having the same issue - tiny ones. get in when the sliding door is opened... they must live under my wood deck. so do you kill them outside or just when they come inside. i am ready to bomb them!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I used this site...

http://www.getridofthings.com/get-rid-of-ants.htm
    Kathy-PSPR

Answer by Kathy-PSPR at 6:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Raid ant spray! or any kind of poison they take back to the colony.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• kill them with Corn meal! you can spread it outside where you think they are at and it wont harm you kids or animals. Clean you sink with bleach and scrub counters if they are still coming in i'd say leave little bowls of the cornmeal. The ants take it vback to thier hill and they eat it and it expands killing them :)

Happy Summer
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 6:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I do all the things the website says.. they aren't in the kitchen. They manage to slip through into the livingroom and bathroom. (only rooms in the house I've seen them... and the areas were the patio and sidewalks are)
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I will try to borax (as mentioned in the website and by jessradtke)
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You can even just mix the Borax 50/50 with sugar and sprinkle around your house. I have used that for years. Also the liquid ant baits are good, but only if you can keep them away from little fingers. Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2010