i am a little over 13 weeks preggo.....is it ok to take the sun...I used SPF 30 and was in the sun for about 2 hrs.....I didnt burn...but is it ok?

MaMaTreZZa

Asked by MaMaTreZZa at 5:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Like tan? Or outside in the sun doing something? I would not recommend tanning.. But it is perfectly fine to be outside during your pregnancy.. Just don't over heat and don't get dehydrated.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 6:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yes it's fine. Some sun is actually good for you. Just don't get too much.
    jridgill

Answer by jridgill at 6:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I don't see it as a bad thing so long as you use protection..

It's sitting in tanning booths where it is a problem (can actually cook your insides, such as the baby, if too long inside).

Just be sure to keep hydrated and some shade in between and you should be fine.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• ya sun is good for you. and you should always use sunscreen, especialy when pregnant.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• totally fine. as long as your core body temp doesnt go above 100 degrees. the vitine d and excercise are good for you. as long as you arent going during peek hours 12-2 ... no one is Supposed to do that...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Its not the sun that is the concern It is you over heating and your pregnant belling getting over heated! remember that is a liquid that your baby is in, and to heat up is not good. Yes always take care of your skin but remember how HOT you are tempeture wise. dont sit in extreme hot baths, dont sit in hot rooms/sauna's for the baby's tempeture counts on it :)

Congrats!
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• about 15 minutes a day is recommended without sunscreen for healthy vitamin D levels. Check to make sure the sunscreen you're using isn't toxic http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/browse.php?maincat=skin+care+%28sun%29
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• No one should be in the sun for straight 2 hrs pregnant or not protected or not! Especially pregnant you need to protect yourself from sunstroke. It is suggestion One hr max then be in shade for a while. ( thats like 30 min on back and 30 on stomach but that wont work in your case. I just suggest you be careful.. whenever in doubt.. dont do it . Thats the safest way to handle this! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yes I used SPF and I went in the pool alot to cool off...I honestly wanted to get some color this is my 2nd summer in a row preggo and I am a tad bit tired of looking so pale all summer....but i had ALOT of water I used SPF and went in the pool alot to keep cool......
    MaMaTreZZa

Comment by MaMaTreZZa (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2010