does it piss you off when you see kids left in a hot car??

I went to the gas station today to get a drink. The minute I pulled up there was this little black car full of little kids the car wasn't running and the kids were screaming and sweaty the windows were partially down but still it's 100 degrees outside can you imagine how hot it is inside the car?? I can when I opened my truck door to get in to go get a drink the heat hit my face instantly even with the windows down you could barely breath because of the heat it's easily 30 degrees hotter or more inside a car..It's ridiculous especially if she was just buying drinks HELLO this gas station has a drive thru window if ya don't wanna take your kids in why in hell leave them to boil? Why in hell wanna come back to your kids unconcious and not breathing??/ I didn't say anything because I went to the drive thru..

chica679

Asked by chica679 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Of course that ticks me off beyond words but some women will never learn!!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• atleast until their kid ends up very sick or dead...
    chica679

Comment by chica679 (original poster) at 6:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yes, it really pisses me off and have you seen this video it gets hotter in there than you think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSnxFea-_eA

mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Very much.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 6:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• next time call the police if the child looks under 12, it's illegal in most states (if not all?) to specifically do that. At the very least, it's child neglect and endagerment. It only takes 10 minutes for a car to heat to over 10-20 degree's higher than what the outside temp is.

If your not willing to call the police, at least nicely say something to the mom (that's what i would do), and if she get's rude, then tell her your other option IS to call the police.
    collide

Answer by collide at 6:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I would have called the police about the issue. I hate when people do this, and yes I have called the cops before. I was grocery shopping and was walking back to my car and saw a baby left in the car. Who knows how long the mother had been in the store. Anyways the police removed the baby from the car, while one went into to try to find the mother, and they called CPS.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I would never leave my child in a car alone for any amount of time but we don't have air in our car, so maybe she didn't have air either and thats why she didn't leave the car on.
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• op here it's ridiculous...I mean for hell sakes this place has a drive thru she could have gotten her flipping drinks at the window.
    chica679

Comment by chica679 (original poster) at 10:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2010