Deciding factors for placing a child

This may get NO answers w/o the Anon button, but if you placed a child in the past 10 years, what convinced you that it was the right decision for you? Please say how long ago it was. Are you still content with your choice?

doodlebopfan

Asked by doodlebopfan at 6:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Adoption

• I placed just 3 yrs ago. Yes it the right thing to do? It depends on who we are talking about. For me NO, for her ,YES. You know my story but just for Q&A section, I was in no place to parent. I had jsut lost EVERYTHING I owed. I ended up in a shelter just 2 weeks after giving birth to her with my oldest daughter. We are still in contact. Once a yr.

It wasnt about me, I had to make sure that my baby girl got a better life than what I was able to give to her at that time. I wish someone had a magic ball to show me how just 3 yrs later, I am able to parent her brother. If I had only known then what I know now. Things would have been soooo different.

Deciding to place my second daughter into an adoption plan was and still is till this day the HARDEST thing I have ever done and will ever have to do.
    TLW514

Answer by TLW514 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• placing a child for adoption.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Why only in the past 10 years? I placed a child into an adoption 16 years ago and have never regretted my decision. It was the right decision for me because I knew I wasn't ready to parent and I knew there was someone out there that wanted to parent more than anything in the world. I was right. We have a very open adoption and my sons parents are absolutely amazing. Best decision of my life, also the most difficult and most painful.
    TJFBGMommy

Answer by TJFBGMommy at 4:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Im sorry, I don't know what you mean by placing a child.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 7:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I haven't had to make that decision myself my a family member did. She made the choice to abort the first two and finally had the third child and she gave the baby up for adoption. It was NOT my decision to make but I am proud of her for not aborting the third one and realizing that she couldn't give the child the life that she deserved. In no way was she mature enough at the time to take care of a child. She couldn't even take care of herself. She is now happily married to a wonderful man, a Christian, and now a new mother to an adorable baby boy. She said that she doesn't regret her decision and that her little girl is doing great.
    GraceZsMom

Answer by GraceZsMom at 6:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i have placed 3 kids for adoption and have never regretted it. they are all in the same home. oldest being 19 and on his mission. which i'm very proud of. then there is jonathon who is 17 and then joshua who is 11 today. we keep in touch now and my boys want to hang out more but their mom is somewhat leary about letting them hang with us. i never will regret my choice. it was the right thing and god gave me the peace to of done the right thing.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2010