Do you think its appropraite for a little girl to wear her swim suit in a store?

I was at the grocery store a few hours ago and some lady had her dd, who was probably about 8 or 9 yrs old, walking around in the store grocery shopping in just her 2 piece swim suit and flip flops. No cover up or anything at all. I was a little surprised by it. Just wondering if anyone else thinks that's a bit inappropriate? Maybe I'm overreacting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Why not, if she wears it in front of others at the beach or wherever what's the difference in wearing it in the store?
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Well, i wouldn't do it. but i don't think it's "inappropriate".
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My girls wouldn't be allowed to do it but I don't think it's inappropriate really.

Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 6:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yes, INAPPROPRIATE! You wouldn't wear your bra and underwear in the store and that's just a bit less than a bikini swimsuit.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 6:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• that old yeah she should have had a cover up on....I was in the doc office the other day and saw a maybe 3 year old come out from the back in a 2 peice and I was thinking you really let your child wear a swim suit to the doctor?
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I agree with the first answer, but the supermarket..come on, put some clothes on lol. Not an appropriate place for a swimsuit, but at least it was a swim suit not lengerie, or nothing at all
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 6:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i understand if they just got back or are going to the pool or something, but it does seem a little inapropriate to me. you wouldnt let them walk around in underwear, i see no difference.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I wouldn't let my boys wear their swim trunks in the grocery store like that. I don't see it as appropriate because of the location.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I think its one thing to wear it at the beach (in reference to the first poster) but that's because you're SUPPOSED to wear a swim suit to the beach..not to the store. I think that's weird.
    Kaybean

Answer by Kaybean at 6:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My girls are 10 going on 11, and I make them wear shorts or a dress on over the swimsuit.....but that's just me. Inappropriate? Well, think about it this way - would you wear a formal gown to the Dentist office? Or a neglache(sp) to a pizza parlor?
    mom2twingirl797

Answer by mom2twingirl797 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2010