Is anyone else going to call it quits and cancel cafemom (ville)? just curious.

ok, i hate this game style thing. it's an even bigger waste of time than simple being on here. I didn't come on this site to play a game, there's plenty of other sites for that. I came on to chat with other moms.

Just curious, but is anyone else going to call it quits and cancel their membership to cafemom?

I'll give it one more day, but it's already annoying the heck out of me. I can't see myself getting used to it?

collide

Asked by collide at 6:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I think I might be done with cafe mom..maybe,but not because of the upgrade,but because of some of the "women" on here...so ya
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 6:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You don't have to change the way you use the site just because they changed answers. I'm not playing into the "game". I'm just answering questions like I always did whether I get points or not. There are other things to do on this site besides answers. Heck when I first joined all there was on the site was journals and pictures. Groups were added a week later. Answers is one of the newer things they've provided.
    I think the whole point thing is silly and juvenile but it's not going to stop me from using the site or the answers section.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I dont look at the new set up as a game, but more of an honor system? They were having alot of problems with people abusing the anon button & this is their way of trying to fix it...
    To get the anon button you have to show your worthy of it ... Thats its really.... So I dont understand the "game"..
    Would you rather them just take the anon button away, period? Or have people earn the anon right?
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It doesn't bother me. It might look different, but its still essentially the same site it always was. I like that they've come up with a solution to people being rude and hiding behind the anon button.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I've felt that way about three times since joining. Every time I've just back away and not been very active for a few weeks and then I try again. I haven't get gotten to the point that I want to cancel my account, but I have gotten out groups.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 7:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i would rather they just take the anon. button away. period.

all people are going to do is short answer questions so they can rack up points to get the anon. reward, then abuse it like they did before. trolls will be trolls.

but for me, i enjoy hearing others real opinions on issues, and offering mine if it applies...and now i have to read a bunch of short answers, stupid stuff, and be told how many points and what level i'm at just to answer a question. it's annoying. it's actually made me answer less b/c of the hassle. I don't give a flip what level i'm on, or points, it's silly.
    collide

Comment by collide (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I liked it when I first joined almost three years ago. I don't even think they had the answers section yet. Groups were more active, and people were more tolerable. There was drama, but not like there is now. I have a feeling this new system is going to make the drama worse. I hate the new set up, and I may leave. I've been tossing the idea around for awhile anyway, and this just might be the thing that pushes me out of here. CM has just become so juvenile.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• If points are earned just in order to be able to answer anonymously and earn other rights over time, then I wonder why each person's points are publicly displayed? Is there a reason that anyone needs to know anyone else's points? Shouldn't we all only know our own?
    sarah_smile

Answer by sarah_smile at 10:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010