What kind of crafts for 3 and 2 year old?

It's been raining here for days,I'm bored and I know the kids are bored.What are some fun crafts I can do with my toddlers

starryeyez23

Asked by starryeyez23 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• playdough! take out some cooking tools that are safe (like cookie cutters, rolling pins etc) and have a blast with creating things "to eat".

make stories together. have each child tell you a story and write it down word for word (even if their grammar is messed up! it's okay!) Then they can illustrate their own stories.

read books!

color and then cut out the picture (from a coloring book)

make sock puppets.

create a secret tent or club. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Glueing anything on paper was always a favorite here. And you could look online for some ideas.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You can do family poitratis. Draw ovals on construction paper to represent the faces of all the family members in the house. Then help the kids draw eyes and hair to match the different family memebrs. I did this with my twins the other day and they had a blast. My daughter gave us all pink or purple mohawks! We didn't do bodies on ours, but you could also do that. I'm thinking next we will do paper dolls to represent all the family members, and maybe we'll make little houses out of boxes.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My son likes gluing paper shapes, and painting. I give him a bunch of shapes and he creates pictures out of them. (Cut them out of construction paper well in advance). you can also have them glue other things to paper- sand, etc.

He likes making faces out of different shapes, too.
    Gruntlings

Answer by Gruntlings at 6:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Planting seeds in tiny clay pots...playing card games, like matching, or go fish. Anything with glitter is always a hit. Finger painting, playing in the puddles, looking for frogs. take a plain white t-shirt and paint on it (anything goes).
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 7:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Noodle art, noodle or cereal necklaces, bake cookies or cupcakes and decorate them, finger paints, regular paints, cut out handprints and make flowers or wreaths, go outside and play in the rain, make a fort in the living room, make an obstacle course, play sock basketball, blow bubbles, turn on some music and have a dance party, play dress up.
    mupt02

Answer by mupt02 at 8:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2010