Cafemom caused my divorce...

I saw a post on a different website (cough, cough) where a guy posted this. Do people ACTUALLY think a website can cause a divorce?? That's like saying that if your husband is addicted to porn, you should blame the PORN! Or if he's an alcoholic, it's the ALCOHOL'S fault!!!

MamaRae85

Asked by MamaRae85 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• If cafemom caused someone's divorce then their relationship obviously was pretty awful to begin with.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 6:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I agree, it's not the website, or booze or whatever that caused the divorce. It's the untreated addiction. Obviously the woman had an addiction to the internet (yes there is an addiction problem with the internet and yes they have treatments for it). If the man didn't or couldn't get his wife help, then like any addiction, they are on their own. CM didn't do it, the booze didn't do it, porn didn't do it. Untreated addictive behavior did it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• everyone looks for someone or something else to blame so they do not have to look at their own resonsibility in the situation.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i dont believe it's the website. i do believe you should not ask for personal relationship advice on here. jmo
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I agree, jennifer. I never post anything about my relationship on here. Too much of a can of worms...
    MamaRae85

Comment by MamaRae85 (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I saw that too. It was absolutely ridiculous. I think there are some women on here that should walk away from the computer and deal with life. Cafemom will be here when they get back.
    goldilocks70

Answer by goldilocks70 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• the only people capable of destroying a relationship are the two people in it. people do not want to take personal responsibility for their actions, thats the problem
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 6:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• http://www.daddaily.com/forum/topics/cafemom-is-the-reason-i-am

are you talking about this..? I agree with jennifer though it's not the website but some women get too wrapped up in what the other women on here tell them.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yep, that's the one, mrsbean. I was absolutely appalled at what some of the men were saying about their wives, too! They were doing the EXACT SAME THING that they were complaining that happened on here!
    MamaRae85

Comment by MamaRae85 (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Websites don't cause divorces BUT internet (and other types of ) addictions can cause marital problems. Cafe mom may not have been the cause of the divorce but the one partner's use or extreme use of the internet can lead the other person to feeling left out and neglected.....arguments, etc. Either way, I think we can all agree the website didn't cause it.
    m4k2004

Answer by m4k2004 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2010