What is the worst wether disaster that could happen where you live?

I Live in TN and I live in a part where there are a lot of Mountains. I think pretty much the worst weather disaster that could happen here would be Flooding, or a Winter storm perhaps.... Or a sever thunderstorm threat. What is the worst that could happen ,where you currently live?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm in TN too...Middle TN. We just had that MAJOR flood at the beginning of May, we get tornadoes every year it seems and in the 8 years we've been up here, there have been several tornadoes to cause major damage. Its pretty rare we get really bad winter weather, though last winter was pretty bad. I'm from South Florida and grew up with hurricanes. I'd rather deal with a hurricane than a tornado though....you have a lot more time to prepare for it!!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 6:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• A thunder storm with lots of lightening causing severe fires like it did the year i got married
    Or a tsunami

I live in California.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Texas - tornado
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I live in California. The worst that could happen here would be a tornado, possibly an earthquake but we don't live on a fault line so its not likely.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• A blizzard.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I live in AZ. We rarely have weather. Lack of rain is probably the worst that can happen.
    azpreemiemom

Answer by azpreemiemom at 6:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I'm in SW PA, we don't really have weather disasters here... After a big storm we can get flooding, but generally it's not bad. Plus, I live so high up the hill if I flood, the world is over anyways.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We've got it all - tornadoes, floods, winter storms, hail, and I guess yesterday there was an earthquake, too. About the only thing we can't have is a tsunami...assuming there's no fault lines under the great lakes.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• September 13, 2008,  we had Hurricane Ike,  it was just me and my two kids (DH was out of town, on business), the lights went the night before, the winds started to pick up, we were mostly on the windstorm side, not the downpour side.  And two years,later, and there are still people not fully recovered from Ike.  We've also had Tropical Storm Allison, back in June 2000, the whole city of Houston, was alsmost under water.  We had Hurricane Alicia, in 1983.  Flooding from Hurricane Jerry, back in 1989. Of course, parts of Hurricane Rita.  We are never prone from hurricanes, and flooding.

mamadee1971

Answer by mamadee1971 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Tornado, also. (TweenAndTwinMom) :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2010