Coming off birth control....

How fast did you get pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• We conceived about two months afterward, but I read that the average (for healthy couples in their mid twenties) was six months. However, I know people who have been trying for years so I think that while there may be a "norm," there are also many exceptions.
    ZoeJay

Answer by ZoeJay at 6:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It took me about 6 months. I was 28. It also depends what bc you used.
    azpreemiemom

Answer by azpreemiemom at 6:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i was on ortho lo and i swear it took me a week. lol
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Years and years, around 7 years I think. I ended up with a hormonal imbalance that my Ob/Gyn thinks the pill actually caused. Once we got my hormones corrected, I got pregnant in about 6 months.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• The only time I was on birth control and came off was when we TTC our first, it took us 1 month and we were pregnant! And to our suprise at 20wks we found out it was twin girls!
    My third child was not coming off bc and took 1 month as well.
    My fourth was concieved after 9mths of trying and 3rounds of clomid.
    mommyto3rugrats

Answer by mommyto3rugrats at 7:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• *OP* sorry took me so long to replay to you guys...

I'm on the Levlen, I believe it is also called Levora... My packs say 2 different things (pills).... I've been on it since my 6 week appointment with my son. He is now 5 months old and we want to start trying for another.... My birth control ends the first week in July and that's when I'll get my time on the month... I've talked to other people who were on the same birth control I was and they got pregnant in a month... So, I wasn't sure or anything.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 9:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Almost I guess the pills my doctor put me on was a "low" form.... Idk if that's really true but that's what she told me at my 6 week and that's been in the back of my mind. lol
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 9:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2010