baked potatoes

been awhile since i tried to make bake potatoes and when i did i tried once making them in the microwave and the second time i tried fixing them in the oven i just dont remember what temp and how long to cook them. Anyone know how to fix baked potatoes?

alyssa1

Asked by alyssa1 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I bake my potatoes for approx an hour at 350 degrees. You can also wrap them in saran wrap and microwave them, although I'm not sure on the time. I'm thinking around 5 minutes. Both methods require that you poke holes in the potatoes before cooking.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I wrap mine in foil and put them in the crock pot on high for 4 hours. Turn out great. Or on low for 6 hours.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I bake mine in the oven for an hour on 475
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I scrub and dry them well. Poke holes on one side with a fork. Rub them lightly with oil and spinkle with kosher salt. Bake at 450 until they are soft and give on the sides very easily. The oil and salt make the skins crisp in case you like to eat the skins.

Microwave: Scrub and dry well. Cook on high until they are soft and give on the sides. When done, wrap in foil and let sit for about 3 minutes. The heat from the potatoes will cause moist steam with the foil so that the moisture robbed from the microwave will return and they won't be so dry. I only use the microwave in a hurry.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 6:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I bake mine about an hour at 350. I poke holes in them with a pitch fork, and wrap in foil.
    Catrin2009

Answer by Catrin2009 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Just a note, if you wrap them in foil you are steaming the potatoes, the skins will not get crisp that way...I just plop mine right on the oven rack, poked with some fork holes, no foil at 350 for about an hour. If I want them quicker I will pre-cook them in the microwave and finish in the oven, and if I want them even quicker I just do them in the microwave....but I will say that in the oven is best.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2010