The newest game?

This whole point thing feels like trying to level up in Farmville or Mafia Wars. How many people do you think are going to start "playing" the answers section instead of "using" the answers section with this whole leveling up thing? Will it get as bad as Pogo, where people will pay others to play games for them so they can earn badges? Will we see accts that always get the highest level available as soon as they can just so they can say they were first? I never thought I'd see powerleveling outside of an MMO...

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes I feel that this may end up just being another game to get hooked to :(.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I'm very competitive by nature, especially in sports--so I can't help it! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

That's what gets me - everything they've put into this new system. Those are all elements you intentionally build into video games to keep people hooked. Always chasing a higher level or a new toy or earning a new title/badge/reward. It's addictive for a lot of people. The more I see these little pop up windows and suggestions to go do more things to earn more points - directly from CM. They aren't just trying to civilize the place, they are encouraging the gameplay, even if it means more nonsense questions to earn points.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I agree with you completely, and the popups are soo annoying.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 7:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• holy molly how did a 2010 question get bumped???
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2012

• Who dunnit?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 7:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2012

• You can look on my transcript to see whodunnit. Interesting choice...
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2012