Points?

I thought we got 3 points for answering each question? I keep answering questions and not getting any points. Now that it's a point system and not focusing on the quality of questions and answers isn't that the whole point of being here now? This just blows. I used to love hanging out here all day and helping others. Now it's a dog eat dog to get points accumulated. I read about a site that had male and female responses to questions without all this childish college forum nonsense. Anyone remember what it was? I'm thinking www.sidetakers.com. Maybe there are others. Any other suggestions of sites that are more for helping others than adding up points?

Asked by admckenzie at 6:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in About CafeMom

• i think we only get a certain amount per day
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• you only get a certain amount each day
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i totally agree with you i didnt join cafemom for points! I wanted to give and recieve advice to help me and my family that totally changed
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 6:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• you can only get points for a certain number of questions answered a day. After that you don't gain any points.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I totally agree with you. It's horrible. CM wanted to do something about the rude comments and anon comments, but I think they've taken it too far. Now the emphasis is on how many points you can get and not the quality of your answer.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 7:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2010