Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child support...

How much does a father who has a job that is part time for $900 a month have to pay in Child support for two children? Ages 2 and 3 months.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Parenting

Answers (13)
  • I am no absolutely sure but I think its 30%of thier income.

    Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • It varies from state to state. I think it may be 20%, thats ga

    Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • It's really up to the state you live in. Recently a friends ex-husband was ordered to pay $300 a month and he had zero income.


    Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • How are we suppose to know?

    Answer by youngmm at 7:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • It depends on the state. In my state, for 2 kids, it's 25% of gross income.

    Answer by doodlebopfan at 7:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • i think in Ga it don't matter if you have a part time job they will base it on you make min. wage full time (but if you make more money they will base it on that)

    Answer by Shannon706 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • There are lots of deciding factors. The percentage varies from state to state, but it's also based on how many other children he has, plus things like your income & lifestyle and on and on...

    Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • About $300 a month.

    Answer by Mom2princessq at 7:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • It depends on the state. It also depends on if the mother of the child is working or not and if he has any kids without the other mother. There are a lot of factors that need to be considered. This site should help you figure it out.

    Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • As others have said, it depends on your state... they go by his yr to date gross ... they can also garnish his paychks to assure that you get what he is to pay... but you HAVE to contact your local FOC office (Friend of the Court) and find out what your children are entitled too...

    Answer by gmasboy at 11:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Parenting
Not eating & Breastfeeding

Next question overall (About CafeMom)