How can I work on getting my son potty trained at night??

He just turned 4 less than 2 months ago. He is perfectly well during the day, but we still use diapers or pull-ups at night. I'd like to really start getting him potty trained for night time. What can I do other than no drinks after "X" time and so on??? I'm not one to push him to be potty trained til he's ready and shows signs...he has woken up dry several times...but not every day. And another draw back is that no matter what...he tends to always leak out of his diapers/pull-ups at night when he's sleeping. Every night, I have to change and wash the sheets. So I'm really ready to work on his night-time potty training.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• That is good if he is waking up dry.
    I started waking up at 2 or 3 am to have my son pee. What a sleepy little pee-er he is. lol The other night he woke up to pee by habit. I also tell him to tell his weiner to wake up if "it" has to pee. I try to get him mentally adjusted to waking up if he feels the urge to pee...GL. It will happen.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• we started by limiting his liquid intake after a certain time. Then making sure he always goes to the bathroom before he goes to bed. What about letting him go to bed in his underwear and using those plastic training pantsover those. That might help. They have some by Gerber at Walmart
    MommyBoha

Answer by MommyBoha at 7:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2010