ectopic pregnancy

Just had surgery this week. My doc said I have a 30% chance of a repeat. Just wanted to hear from other women who have gone through this and if you've gone on to have more children or if you had a repeat.

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 7:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had ectopic Jan 09. I had a wonderful doctor, it is impossible to say what your chances of having this happen again, probably more like 5-10% chance. I was heartbroken and afraid to try again, didnt want to ever go thru that again. I waited 6 months before trying and got pregnant right away, all was well and I just had that baby in april . I was so scared my whole pregnancy because I was afraid something would go wrong, I thank god it all went well. The best advice I can give you is to wait at least 3 months before trying so your body can heal. Start taking a good prenatal vitamin now, it will make your eggs healthier too. Pray, and try again and it will happen!!! Good Luck.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I have not...but I hope you find an answer! =)
    Artistachica

Answer by Artistachica at 7:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My mother had her tube rupture. She had to have emergency surgery! Almost bleed out! But she was fine! The Dr told her and my dad to wait a year before TTC again and they did...but got pregnant the first month trying again with my brother, who was born nice and healthy :)

Dr told her it might be harder to get pregnant with only one tube, but it wasnt :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I have not personally, but a very close friend of mine has, 3 months after it happend, she found out she was pregnant again and carried a very healthy full turm baby boy with out any complications!
    whatthefawna

Answer by whatthefawna at 7:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2010